Bank Account Opening Assistance
Bank Account Opening Assistance
What are the benefits of Trademark Registration in UAE?
- It secures your brand name:
No one will use your brand name if you register your trademark. Trademark registration in Dubai is the first step in protecting and developing your own brand identity in the marketplace since it gives your mark more protection.
- It gives you monopoly rights:
Registering a trademark provides you exclusive rights to use it and other rights that come with it, such as the right to sell it, assign it, and license it to another party for use in return for money, within the jurisdiction where it was registered.
- Prevent others from using the similar or identical mark
The use of a trademark facilitates the creation of goodwill in the marketplace. Unfortunately, many competitors try to exploit this goodwill by using trademarks that are identical or deceptively similar. If you register your trademark, it will be secure from unauthorized use by others. In addition, it offers you the right to prohibit an unauthorized user from profiting from your brand in the market.
- Filing of infringement suit before the court of law
A registered trademark gives you an exclusive right to file an infringement suit in a court of law against the infringer in case if the infringer in the market has misrepresented your trademark, and as a result of which a significant loss may cause to you. On the other hand, an unregistered trademark owner has no option other than the filing of passing off action, which is very costly and requires many efforts to prove the ownership over the trademark.
- Provide a basis for international filing
If a trademark owner intends to register his trademark outside of the country, trademark registration serves as the basis for doing so.
What is the validity of Trademark Registration in UAE?
As per Article 19 of UAE Federal Law No. 37 of 1992 on Trademarks, a trademark is protected for 10 (ten) years. Accordingly, the mark owner may secure the continuance of such protection for successive periods of (10) years each if he applies for renewal of such mark’s registration within the last year of the valid protection period as per the terms mentioned under the Trademark law.
Need Assistance With UAE, Dubai Trademark Registration Services- Call Us Now
Anyone who wishes to protect their brand name or company’s trademark in UAE may register a trademark. The procedure of registering a trademark in the UAE is easy and straightforward.
The first stage in the UAE trademark registration process is to ensure that the trademark is not currently in use by another entity. If your trademark has previously been used by someone else, you will not be able to register it. After you’ve confirmed that the trademark isn’t already in use, you may go on to the following phases of trademark registration in the United Arab Emirates.
- The firm must first fill up and submit an online trademark application form. The UAE Ministry of Economy will accept forms for trademark registration.
- If the UAE Ministry of Economy approves the trademark registration application, the brand or corporation must pay a fee to have the trademark published.
- The registered trademark will be published in the UAE’s Official Gazette by the UAE Ministry of Economy. In addition, the trademark will be advertised in two local publications.
- Anyone can file a complaint against the trademark in UAE within one month.
- The corporation must pay a trademark registration cost if there are no objections filed against the trademark in Dubai.
- The brand or company’s trademark has now been registered in UAE.
The applicant receives the following records when the trademark is registered:
- Trademark registration number
- Date of trademark registration
- Copy of trademark
- Description of the goods and services for which trademark is applied.
For registering a trademark in the United Arab Emirates, the following documents and information are required:
- Trademark Logo
- Trade license Copy
- Power Of Attorney
- Priority Document
- Passport Copy
- List of Goods and Services to be protected
- Other documents as needed.
Update on trademark registration and enforcement cost
Frequently Asked Questions
The types of trademarks that can be registered are as follows:
- Shape marks;
- Sound marks;
- Pattern marks;
- Certification marks;
- Collective marks;
- Service marks;
- Product marks
If you are uncertain of whether your proposed mark can be registered or not, don’t hesitate to contact our office to book a consultation with our trademark specialists in UAE.