Protax is always looking for talented people to become its team members. We realize that productive people are always a good addition to our organization. So if you have the financial acumen and the passion to work with some of the biggest companies in the world, join in!
We are is currently looking for a Senior Accountant. For this role, the job holder will report to the CEO and be responsible for supporting accounting, financial and procurement aspects. You will lead and manage Finance & Commercial staff. Furthermore, you will provide support to the Finance and Procurement Manager in terms of employees and financial management of the Department, including budget forecasting, profit and loss.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the management and coordination of all accounting and financial operations, maintaining the system in accordance with international accounting, financial reporting standards and Company’s policies and procedures
- Responsible for the leadership of monthly financial close of the company by establishing closing schedule and ensuring team tasks are completed within the timeframe with accuracy.
- Ensure following the authority delegation matrix for all transaction.
- Supervision of stock reconciliation and other allied activities, fixed assets register and fixed assets acquisition, movements and disposal procedure.
- Supervises coding, verification of expenditures, payment approval, and posting vouchers.
- Support budgeting, accounting, management information reporting, banking and working capital management.
- Liaise with Legal team in the preparation and execution of contracts and with operational staff to provide procurement-related budgetary and cash flow data during compilation of project budgets and annual business plan.
- Develop close working relationships with appointed consultants’ and contractors’ accounts and finance management to ensure the required level of service and support.
- Liaise with banks and ensure that all account related terms and conditions are adhered to and complied with at all times.
- Be familiar with Project Agreements, Schedules, Operating Agreement, Consultant Agreements, etc.
- Provide guidance on expense vs. capital decisions. Monitor actual costs vs. budgets and establish an early warning system to highlight areas which need management attention.
- Supervision of Payroll Cycle, ensure the payroll process on time and payroll accounting is completed within specified timeframe as per established policies and procedures.
- Monitor, analyze and report on the performance of the Company in terms of KPIs, analytical calculations, variance analysis etc.
- Responsible for the Finance and Procurement deliverables including following the policies, procedures and systems that support a professional and ethical conduct and ensure compliance with Parents Companies policies and procedures.
- Leads process improvements to streamline monthly close and reporting process.
- Development and maintenance of Accounting and Commercial Manual.
- Preparation of periodical financial and other reports to the management.
- Participate in supplier evaluation ad performance review, representing Finance Dept.
- Maintain frequent contacts with GM, Management, Clients, Customer and Banks.
- Interface with External Auditors.
- Advice GM and Finance Manager of any training needs for team members.
- Responsible for training and mentoring the Accountant on all work-related aspects.
- Deputize the Head of Finance and Procurement during absences and provide the required support ensuring smooth operational deliverables.
- Experience at Audit Firms mandatory;
- Great interpersonal communication skills;
- Keen eye for spotting data trends and details;
- Great analytical skills;
- A keen grasp of information technology;
- CA / ACCA / CPA
- 5+ Years of post qualification experience.