Excise Tax Compliance
Excise Tax Compliance in UAE
Excise Goods with Tax Rates are the following:
- Tobacco and tobacco products (100%),
- Energy drinks (100%), and
- Carbonated drinks (50%).
As announced by the government of Dubai, the UAE VAT rate is 5% for all goods and services. This is one of the lowest rates in the world. According to the provisions in the law, there are four exemptions and 14 zero-rated VAT items. There will be more budget for infrastructures and public services through the revenue that will be acquired from the UAE tax. The new tax regime is seen to improve the economy of the State.
Procedure for Excise Tax Registration in UAE
- Every business that is involved in the activities above is required to register. However, an entity may be entitled to a registration exemption in the event that the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) deems it acceptable that you are not regularly importing or releasing excise goods from Designated Zones.
- An entity still needs to register even when it already possesses a Tax Registration Number. A different TRN for UAE Excise Tax will be given when the registration application is successful.
- There can only be one TRN for Excise Tax for one entity. The responsibility of having no duplications in registration lies on you.
- Businesses can register using the Online Excise Tax registration UAE facility provided by Federal Tax Authority
- The excise registration procedure will only take an estimated time of 20 minutes.
- Since the entries that you input are not automatically saved, it is advisable for you to always click the “Save as Draft” every time you add any information on the form.
- If you are inactive for 10 minutes, you will be automatically logged out for data security purposes.
- A TRN for Excise Tax purposes will be provided once the application is approved. This will let you submit your tax returns. Your online excise payment will also be activated so you can pay excise tax online. The services that are related to Excise Tax will be available as well.
Documents Required for the Excise Tax Registration in UAE
Various documents that are related to the activities that your business does will be asked during the excise tax in Dubai registration procedure. The profile and legal status of the applicant will have an effect on what kind of documents will be presented. It will be more convenient in your part if you have below documents before starting the application:
- Trade License(s) (if applicable)
- Certificate of Incorporation (if applicable)
- Customs number(s) issued by Customs department(s) (if applicable)
- Passport, Emirates ID of the manager, owner, and senior management
- Authorized signatory documents
- Articles of Association/Partnership Agreement/Club or Association Registration/Law or Decree (if applicable)
- Bank Account details
Business: involved in and an ongoing activity/s in any form of the following such as industrial, commercial, professional, trade, etc.
Stockpile: someone who or a business that is keeping plenty of excise goods, which the business cannot show has been subject to Excise Taxation.
PRO – Protax is one of the tax agents in UAE, with more than 30 years of experience in various fields, we can aid you with regard to your excise and taxation concerns with the help of our qualified tax accountants. If you have not yet grasped the idea of Excise Tax in Dubai, UAE, feel free to contact us.