You’ll lead the successful delivery of Indirect Tax engagements, taking a professional, practical and commercial approach and ensuring technical excellence. You will manage large VAT implementation teams comprising both client functional experts and consultant specialists, identify opportunities in the market and lead on developing our commercial proposition to new and existing clients. You will build and maintain tax relationships with our own clients, advise how indirect taxes such as value added tax (VAT) or good & services tax (GST) impact clients’ supply chain and financial and accounting systems and identify and address areas of risk, advise clients on the taxation implication of international trade and assist them in complying with customs regulations.
If you have strong teaching skills in developing associates and conducting trainings, strong drive to excel professionally, good advisory and writing skills and are dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical, able to work under pressure and a team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills, you will be perfect for the role.
- A degree in economics, finance, tax or accounting.
- A relevant Masters degree, CPA or ACA/CA/CPA/CMA/SOCPA/Law qualification/CTA or equivalent tax qualification
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as Indirect Tax professional
- Experience working for a Big 4 accounting firm is preferred. However, we will consider candidates with from law firms or with relevant industry experience
- Excellent English written and presentational skills.
Ideally you’ll also have
- Experience working in multicultural teams
- Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills.
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Coordination and prioritization skills
- Independent in managing own workload, ability to work under pressure and to keep things moving and to juggle multiple tasks
- Experience in managing teams
- Preferably Arabic language proficiency
- Handle client portfolio
- Accounting Month-end closing
- VAT Returns
- VAT consulting
- Manage clients’ relationships
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.