UAE Corporate Tax Registration
UAE Corporate Tax Registration
How to Register for TAX in UAE?
The UAE government has made the TAX registration process straightforward. The process is pursued online and requires only a stable internet connection and a computer. When registering for VAT, however, you must provide the following documents:
Required Documents for an Individual Registering for UAE VAT:
- The applicant’s resident permit.
- Signed request letter of the applicant.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
Required Documents for An Entity Registering for UAE VAT as An Authority:
- Application letter with an authorized signature.
- Decree copy
- Copy of Act of incorporation document
Required Documents for a Dubai-based Company Registering for UAE VAT:
- A copy of the trade license.
- Applicant’s application letter signed by the company’s authorities.
As per the Federal Tax Authority (FTA), the following business are the ones who should and can apply for VAT in UAE registration :
- if annual turnover is more than AED 375,000 (a must registration)
- The annual turnover is between AED 187,500 and AED 375,000 (optional registration)
- Annual turnover is less than AED 187,500 (registration not required)
There are a couple of listed violations and respective penalties that released in the provisions of Cabinet Decision No. 40 on Administrative Penalties for Violations of Tax Laws in the UAE that is adopted by the UAE Council of Ministers. Every single violation against the Federal Law No. 7 of 2017 on Tax Procedures, Federal Decree-Law No. 7 of 2017 on Excise Tax, and Federal Decree-Law No. 8 of 2017 on Value-Added Tax (VAT) shall fined in accordance with the provisions in the Cabinet Decision No. 40.
In order to avoid being penalize, it is better to follow the laws laid down by the FTA and the government.
Types of UAE VAT Registration
a) Mandatory VAT Registration
Business owners with a place of residence in the state of UAE and whose supplies in the state have exceeded AED 375,000 in the previous 12 months must register for UAE VAT. Likewise, suppose the business expects to surpass the mandatory registration threshold of AED 375,000 within the next 30 days. In that case, it must also register for UAE VAT. No matter the threshold for registration, businesses seeking to operate in the UAE must register under VAT irrespective of their place of residence.
- Supplies valued at more than AED 375,000
- During the past year. Expected to exceed in the coming 30 days.
Types of Business: Non-Resident:
- There is no threshold limit
- Regardless of the threshold, VAT registration is mandatory
b) Voluntary VAT Registration
Companies with a place of residence in the state of UAE are provided with the option of voluntarily applying for VAT registration if they are not required to do so. This can be done only if annual purchases or taxable expenses do not fall below the voluntary registration threshold. It is 50% of the mandatory registration threshold that is the Voluntary Registration Threshold of AED 187,500.
- Supplies/ Taxable Expenses exceed 187,500 AED
- Within the past 12 months. Expected to exceed within the next 30 days of the current fiscal year
NOTE: UAE Council of Ministers adopted Cabinet Decision No. 40 on Administrative Penalties for Violations of Tax Laws in the UAE, listing some violations and their penalties. Federal Decree-law No. 7 of 2017 on Excise Tax and Federal Decree-Law No. 8 of 2017 on Value-Added Tax (VAT) carry fine provisions per Cabinet Decision No. 40. It is best to follow the FTA and government laws to avoid penalties.
Are You Looking for A Reliable VAT Consultant in UAE?
Get in Touch with Protax Today!
We, Protax, are one of the leading VAT experts in the UAE today. As such, we would like to extend a helping hand to you if you face any problems regarding VAT.